Back by popular demand (sort of): my slideshow of the year! I was feeling a little bit uninspired to create one of these this year, but then I sort of felt like I had a little bit of a tradition going that I should keep up with, and also the song! I love it! It’s actually what got me in gear to make the slideshow I figure since it’s still January (barely) that it doesn’t count as LATE yet…right?
Some of the highlights of this year (hopefully these will help you figure out what the photos are of):
- visiting CO in January during the coldest winter, Brrrrrrr
- visiting friends and family (of course!)
- having my sister and her husband out to Abu Dhabi for a visit in March
- enjoying a ladies night here and there
- meeting Ask Ali!
- going to Hungary to visit Pete’s mom and her friends Paul and Judy
- eating good Mexican food anytime I get a chance!
- celebrating Elise’s 1st birthday
- heading back to CO for a summer vacation
- taking Elise on her first camping trip!
- celebrating my momma’s 60th birthday in Telluride (so beautiful)
- taking Elise on a big trip to Oregon and then New Mexico to visit Elise’s aunties
- managing to stay in CO just long enough to go to Tamra’s wedding in Leadville with Kara
- training a falcon the Emirati way
- Elise learning to ride ponies
- not taking very many pictures, but CELEBRATING! the holidays nonetheless (birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
Without further ado:
(song is “Magic” by Rabbit!)
Looking back at the year, there is one thing I notice immediately. So many of the photos are from outside the UAE! It’s pretty weird to think that now that we’ve been here for three years (yes…THREE!) our life here has become what’s normal and when we travel that’s when the exciting stuff happens. Of course that’s not to say that nothing exciting ever happens here! Certainly it does. It’s just that most of the time we’re just going about our daily routine and too often (I realize) I forget to document it. When we first came to Abu Dhabi for a visit in September 2008, I would have never believed that in a couple of years living here would seem so normal to me. WOW! What a difference a day makes (or several days…) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video